Monday, April 27, 2009

Enlightened tulips


Scott "sees" the light, finally!



                                                                                          
I felt bad about that because while I was excited to uproot and move to the lush flora of Oregon, my wife had a harder time. She grew up in the desert and her family was there, and while her adventurous spirit was stirred to move here, it was a big leap all the same, and not jumping at the chance to join in on an Oregon must see with her was downright rude of me. I mean, c'mon, who doesn't like flowers?

Jenn, the brightest flower in a sea of them!

So this year when she brought it up again, we grabbed the pups, the gear and went, and boy was it beautiful. The dogs sniffed every flower they could and Jenn looked beautiful in the cascade of color. 

We were just about done with the day there when we spotted this monk among a bed of tulips matching his robes perfectly! He was taking digital pictures and made for a great photo himself. I spent the next fifteen minutes photographing him as he proceeded along. Afterwards, I introduced myself to him and his eyes grew wide at the 300 2.8 hanging from my shoulder, so I let him look through it. I got his contact info so I could send him the pics that I took of him and he was so overjoyed to see them, he gave a blessing of good Karma to us and Jenn's baby bump due in August. 

We needed that day in the flowers and the Karma boost. I guess Jenn is right, I should listen to her more often.


Abbot Lung Pao Subin
                


No comments:

Post a Comment