Monday, February 8, 2010

A big thanks








It's not easy planning a trip like this one to Peru. The logistics, the materials, the convincing the spouse there is a payoff to abandoning the family for 10 days, the equipment wrangling, and, of course, money and materials.

The last three things came about from helpful connections.

I have a pretty good selection of equipment of my own with 16 years of professional photography behind me, but you can always use that one thing–or several–that you don't have, and can't really see affording to buy right now. Canon and Pro Photo Supply eased the pain on that for me. Canon rushed out a 7D, their state of the art prosumer 18 MP body with an ISO that racks up to 12800, more than enough for me in tricky lighting. Pro Photo Supply helped out with providing me extra cards, hard drives, a video light that proved instrumental in surgeries when the power went out during the floods, a fluid tripod head and a several other items that made my job so much easier.

Columbia Sportswear also swooped in to aid me by providing me that swell blue jacket that adapted to all the weather conditions that fluctuated so quickly while I was there, and really helped lighten my clothing burden.

I also want to give a shout out to my investors who believed in my mission, fueled by their desire to simply see something amazing in my photography.

Thanks again, you all helped make this a success for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment