Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Counting down to Peru

My gut is ache-y. Not nervous (unless I look at the bank account!) I think its the Typhoid pills I am taking. It's a side effect to watch for, but my gut feels like a rave is going on and I wasn't invited. Ugh.

I met with the medical team as a whole for the first time last Saturday and I am getting pretty excited. I have a carry on bag full of medical supplies, lending a hand in letting one of my carry-ons be a mule for bandages and braces. I have my other carryon packed with clothes and essentials (well, 70% completed anyway) and thanks to my friend Rob at Pro Photo Supply in Portland, a ThinkTank Security International bag for my camera gear–along with loaned out lenses, cards, video heads and the like as well, THANKS PRO PHOTO!!!

Sadly, the Kickstarter program ended up a waste of time. It let me get the word out in a stylish fashion, but I was well short of the financial goal. Slowly, my backers are sending their pledges directly to me, thanks again!

As the week rolls down, I will become more regular with updates. I spoke with a newscaster with FOX 12 here in Portland, and he wants to do a story on us when we get back, so already, I have a rapid editing session planned for the still work for that.

Now its back home, to see if my border collie who ate a pan of brownies I made for Jenn or I will win the most upset stomach award tonight! Either way, I get the porcelain trophy!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just came across your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really liked reading your posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your blog and I hope you post again soon!

    ReplyDelete